Disneyland Hotel after hours?

Started by Clarebelle, August 19, 2008, 10:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

This has probably been covered somewhere else already but I couldnt find it anywhere and was just pondering to myself ...

Can you go through the bag check at the entrance of the parks after park hours? me and the bf wanted to have a drink at the fantasia bar on our last trip, but because it was after park hours it looked like they were checking hotel ID cards?? and we got scared lol  :oops:

It is something we would love to do! I've never seen the fantasia bar (only in pictures), also can anyone explain how to get to the bar and restaurants in the DLH please? (I get lost easily!)
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Pete's Dragon

I dont think you can. The first time we went we stayed at the Disney Hotel, and they were very strict about who got through. No D.H. pass, no chance. Whether or not it's changed since I dunno, but I doubt it

Clarebelle

well thats silly!!

what if you have made reservations? will the slip surfice? what if you want to go to your hotel to change before dinner? or do some shopping in the DV??

Pete's Dragon

Actually the 2nd night we were there we went to the DV and realised we had forgotten our Hotel Pass, but the Security guys remembered us so we were ok and let us back in.

The bar is nice, but a little small. I think there was live music, I dont remember much ( too many Mojito !!!!)

Clarebelle

not keen on Mojitos  :)

have you got any photos? r could you direct me? altho it might be the finding the way out I might have trouble with hehe, must remeber to take a map with me lol

Pete's Dragon

Sorry, no photos of the bar:( .

Go to the main reception

Go up the first flight of stairs and turn right. Forward a wee bit, then turn left. This takes you along the walkway over the park entrance. Halfway down, on you left is the bar.

Kristof

Quote from: "Clarebelle"well thats silly!!

what if you have made reservations? will the slip surfice? what if you want to go to your hotel to change before dinner? or do some shopping in the DV??

If you have a reservation for one of the Disneyland Hotel restaurants, they have to let you through, don't worry.

Clarebelle

Cool! we have walked around the lobby before, and the gardens, theres some great memoriabilia in there  :lol: but we were a wee bit scared to go walking the corridors

Thanks Kristof, I will remember to make a reservation!

MizzRabbit

My boyfriend and I went to the bar in the afternoon to check it out. It looked okay but we had actually expected more. I was kinda dissapointed. If you go, take lots of pics!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Clarebelle

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"My boyfriend and I went to the bar in the afternoon to check it out. It looked okay but we had actually expected more. I was kinda dissapointed. If you go, take lots of pics!

Sorry but this is ME we are talking about! lol just bought an 8GB memory card for £14 (if I can fit about 270 in 12mp on my 1GB, hmm thats .... 2160? that should last me about 1 hour in Disney :P (I will let you know how I get on with the memory card :wink: )

I just like the wall paper in there, there will be plenty of photos dont worry  :D Hoping to see inside Salon Mickey too at some point in time!

tut tut tut already planning and still over 3 months to go

MizzRabbit

Planning is the best part! And the cool thing is you can re-plan over and over again!! Oh, and remember you're probably gonna film some stuff as well. I brought 12 GB but used up 6 GB on filming so only got about 3000 pics. Next time I'll bring 24 GB! :D :D :D :D So maybe you should get a little extra, just to be safe... ;)

Use password]

Clarebelle

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Planning is the best part! And the cool thing is you can re-plan over and over again!! Oh, and remember you're probably gonna film some stuff as well. I brought 12 GB but used up 6 GB on filming so only got about 3000 pics. Next time I'll bring 24 GB! :D :D :D :D So maybe you should get a little extra, just to be safe... ;)

lol I'm trying one, to see how it goes and works with my camera and lappy, then I will buy about 5 if they are any good, add to my existing colletion of about 10 GB, made up of ones and twos, hopefully I will be ok :wink:  ... or I could just take the lappy
*ponders*

Edit: I love to plan WAY TOO MUCH!!

never2old

I should be having a drink in the Fantasia bar this Friday night.... I can't wait!!!

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "never2old"I should be having a drink in the Fantasia bar this Friday night.... I can't wait!!!

You're sooo lucky! Remember to meet loads of characters!

Use password]

littlemermaid83

I upgraded my hotel to the DLH for January, im so excited.

What time does the guard stay on the gate for after hours? Am scared i might stay out too late and be shut out.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!